Friday, July 31, 2026

Two mixed media pieces from this year

It hasn't been the most productive year for me as far as art goes, but I've still been making some art.  Here are a couple experimental mixed media pieces I drew this past year.

This portrait of my bearded dragon, Zuri, was done on a 10" X 7" retro boomerang birch panel by Trekell.  I had the perfect image of Zuri and her long shadow to fit in this unique shape.  The small size called for very small marks which I decided to do in colored pencil over an acrylic paint base.  I'm digging the interesting texture it created.

This kitten is named Mittens and I drew him for an online art swap.  I used a little bit of everything in this drawing - acrylic paint markers, watercolors, colored pencils, and India ink pens.

Some more shots of these two pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are posted after they are approved.