Sunday, December 30, 2018

Watercolor bird journal 2018

This past year I spent a good part of my art-making time painting in a couple 5.5" X 8" Strathmore Visual Watercolor Journals I got in March. I am filling one with bird paintings and the other with paintings of places I've been. I've really enjoyed practicing with watercolors and freehand drawing in these journals. I even tried painting en plein air once (it didn't go too well, though!).

Below are all twelve watercolor bird paintings I created in one of the journals. I used reference photos taken by myself and my brother. Each month I chose one or two species that we saw that month. The outlines of the first four are done with a Zebra Sarasa gel pen (my favorite pen), but I found out it wasn't exactly waterproof, so I switched to a Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen for the rest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are posted after they are approved.