Sunday, March 25, 2018

Random Project of the Week - New watercolor set = new paintings

I painted these pieces last week with my new set of Sennelier La Petite Aquarelle watercolors along with my Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens. The butterfly is a Viceroy and the bird is a Ring-necked Pheasant.

I know I just bought the pocket set of Winsor and Newton Cotman watercolors, but I decided that I wanted more colors, so I went with this set of 24 half pans by Sennelier after seeing some good reviews online. I have enjoyed using them for these random projects and in my new watercolor journal...although, being a watercolor newbie, I can't say I'm very good at it yet!

Ring-necked Pheasant reference photo by Sue Wetmore used with permission. Thanks, Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are posted after they are approved.