Sunday, September 24, 2017

Random Project of the Week - Artwork with lettering

Last week's random project was a painting/collage with lettering. I actually didn't create this piece last week, but I did apply the varnish to it a few days ago. I used the definition of the word "hobby" to remind myself that my hobbies are supposed to be fun and make me happy instead of being frustrating because I can't do them perfectly or because they become competitive.

 
For the sheet music I copied a page out of a book using the copy machine then aged the normally bright white copy paper using paint and water and by tearing one edge. Gluing it to the canvas didn't go quite as planned, though; I couldn't seem to flatten out all the wrinkles. It...was my first time...

This was my second painting with lettering and I would like to do more in the future. Below is my first painting with lettering I made a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are posted after they are approved.