Sunday, January 8, 2017

Daily Art Challenge - Day 5: Painterly Monarch

At the very beginning of this year I decided to challenge myself to create one piece of art a day. I did not specify how long I was supposed to keep creating, though, so I guess it's not much of a challenge...
Anyway, I have created seven pieces so far, mostly terrible sketches, but a few pieces I put more effort into turned out okay.

Here is the piece (for Day 5) I put the most effort into. It's a 12" X 12" acrylic painting of a Monarch butterfly on Joe-Pye weed. I had a lot of fun painting in this loose style.

monarch butterfly insect bug animal wildlife nature joe pye weed flower acrylic painting art

  Look for a video of me painting this piece in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are posted after they are approved.