Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Daily Art Challenge - January: Watercolor painting spree

 So ends one whole month of painting or drawing every day (except for one day, but I made up for it by making two pieces the next day)! Now over thirty new pieces of art are taking up more space in my room. :P None are exceptional pieces (I need more time for those!), but I had fun exploring different styles and mediums. Will I keep going? I'll have to think about that. I only have one day to decide, though!
 
 I began my Daily Art Challenge with a medium I hadn't used since I was a small child - watercolors. As you can probably tell from the photo below, I had so much fun with them I kept taking my ancient set of pan watercolors back out to paint some more. I really enjoyed learning how watercolors behave and figuring out the best ways to use them. I also liked that I could paint these small studies fairly quickly and with very few supplies so I could even paint while I was at the computer. 👍
  
I now have a new appreciation for watercolor artists and their art. I definitely would like to play with this medium some more.

 

When I felt like I should change mediums, I hid my watercolors from myself and usually went back to pencil, pen and ink, or acrylics. The time limit gave me an excuse to practice working in a looser style, which is usually a lot more fun, especially when using acrylics.
Below are the acrylic paintings and a pencil drawing I created during this challenge. Not shown here are my embarrassing sketches, other not-so-embarrassing sketches, and a couple digital art projects (I like the Microsoft brand of Paint too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are posted after they are approved.